Thursday, January 27, 2011

What I do when the short days and long nights of winter are here.

Since moving to Sturbridge I have become a really crafty person.   I had to find something to do with my time during the long dark winter.  I wasn't, still not, use to it getting dark at 5pm.  I was accustomed to day light until 7 in the winters.  So I had to find things to do to keep myself busy after 5.  I couldn't sit on the computer all night, I can only color and play games with the kid for so long.   What else is there to do?  I like to draw, I knew how to crochet and sew.  So I do one or more craft projects a day. 

I recently taught myself how to knit, so now my kids and I all have 20 knitted hats each.   Crazy! 

My daughter and I have also started to make, as she calls them, hair thingys.  She loves them, I love them too because now she lets me style her hair again without a big fight.

So......What do you do on long winter nights?

No comments:

Post a Comment