Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Good Night Irene..........

From the time I was 5 until I was 12 I would go over my Grandma's house when I was sick so my Mom could go to work.   She would keep me busy by watching the Price is Right and we would crochet together.  She would work on her blankets and I would make squares and pot holders.  I am not 100% sure when she taught me...maybe I was 8.    When I would go over there just to visit, which we did almost weekly back then, I would make more.  It was something we shared.

Just last night around 10:30pm she passed away.  Irene Herbst only 92 years young, would have been 93 at the end of this month.    

I am now putting down my knitting stuff just for this month and working only with crochet hooks.  So you will be seeing lots of crochet flowers and hats posted, plus I will have lots of crochet props.  Blankets, hats, flowers to pin on shirts or put on clips in hair. 

Good Night Irene......

This is a hat I made recently.  You can purchase my handmade items by clicking the handmade button above.




No comments:

Post a Comment